Interim Operations Coordinator
- Temporary, non-exempt (hourly), part-time position
- 20 hours per week, flexible schedule during normal business hours (8:30 am – 4:30 pm)
- $25 per hour
- Anticipated start date 8/2/2021. Anticipated end date 1/7/2022.
Monday, July 12th. Apply below!
Who We Are
Charities Review Council is transforming philanthropy by building donor and nonprofit relationships for strong, vibrant, and just communities. Founded in 1946, Charities Review Council has a long history of serving donors and nonprofits in Minnesota and beyond.
This position will report to the Council’s Executive Director and will support Council staff and internal operations by:
- Providing program and administrative support;
- Serving as a board and committee liaison;
- Assisting with event planning activities; and
- Supporting the Council’s communications plan.
Program & Admin Support (20%)
- Act as a first point of contact for Charities Review Council, providing phone (Dialpad) and email (Outlook) support to diverse Council constituents
- Provide assistance to nonprofits as they complete the online Accountability Wizard® nonprofit review process (Proprietary software)
- Respond to phone and email inquiries regarding smart giving.
- Conduct research and make recommendations that support the Council’s key programs
- Assist with Salesforce data entry, reporting, and records maintenance
- Receive and process Council mail, donations, payments, and invoices
- Purchase supplies
- Print and mail donor acknowledgment letters and nonprofit congrats postcards (Microsoft Word Mail Merge)
- Participate and actively engage in Council staff meetings (Zoom) and check-in meetings with supervisor
- Assist staff with software troubleshooting and updates, in partnership with the Executive Director
Board & Committee Liaison (40%)
- Schedule board and committee meetings, as needed
- Attend and take minutes at scheduled board and committee meetings
- Prepare materials in advance of board and committee meetings
- Implement simple systems to support board and committee accountability and project progress
- Support board and committee requests for information
- Monitor deadlines and solicit status updates from board and committees
Event Planning (20%)
- Support calendar management for the Council team in partnership with the Council’s Executive Director (e.g., Scheduling team meetings, reminding the team of upcoming events, etc.)
- Coordinate board and staff events, including board and staff gatherings, staff recognition, holiday party, staff retreats, etc.
- Provide administrative support for key events such as Give to the Max Day, FORUM 2021: 75th Anniversary Celebration, etc.(Eventbrite)
- Assist the Communications & Administrative Associate with executing on the Council’s communications plan, including prepping content for e-newsletters (MailChimp), social media (Buffer, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram), and blogs (WordPress)
- Support Smart Giver Newsletter production activities
- Website updates in WordPress
Qualified candidates will have experience with:
- CRM (Required), Salesforce (Preferred)
- Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Teams, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint applications specifically (Required)
- Zoom (Required)
- Project Management Tools (Required), Trello (Preferred)
- Social Media Platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn (Preferred)
- Eventbrite (Preferred)
- WordPress (Preferred)
- Working with donors and nonprofits (Preferred)
- MailChimp (Nice to have)
- Buffer (Nice to have)
- Divvy (Nice to have)
This position is great for someone who has…
- A commitment to the Council’s values, including a personal commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- 2+ years of relevant work experience
- An interest in nonprofit administration, the nonprofit sector, and philanthropy
- Strong project management and time management skills, with the ability to effectively manage competing priorities
- Demonstrated experience in customer service, written and oral communications, including comfort with phone, email, and video-conferencing communications
- Comfort with online tools and software, troubleshooting as needed
- The ability to work well independently, seeking consultation as needed
- An eye for details
- Demonstrated initiative, and a strong desire to learn and contribute
Office/Work Space Considerations
Charities Review Council has a flexible work environment, with the majority of staff/interns working from home/remotely. This position requires:
- A dedicated workspace where you can get work done, and take phone and video calls without disruption;
- Access to a reliable computer or laptop; and
- High-speed internet, capable of hosting regular video calls.
The Council has a private suite at The Reserve, a professional co-working space in Roseville, MN that is available to you as a Council staff member. NOTE: This position will require you to be in the office 1-2x per week.
- Flexible schedule during normal business hours (8:30 am – 4:30 pm)
- A flexible work environment with access to The Reserve– a professional co-working space in Roseville, MN
- 6.36 hours of PTO per month
Complete the brief application below and upload your cover letter (optional) and resume (required) by Monday, July 12th.
Our application window has closed. Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.