Full-time Exempt, Benefits Eligible
Who We Are
Charities Review Council is transforming philanthropy by building donor and nonprofit relationships for strong, vibrant, and just communities. Founded in 1946, Charities Review Council has a long history of serving donors and nonprofits in Minnesota and beyond. You can learn more about our programs, values, and strategic priorities online at SmartGivers.org.
As a Charities Review Council Program Manager, you will manage the Council’s two online, nonprofit capacity-building tools: 1) The Accountability Wizard®, and 2) The Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI) Toolkit. With the appropriate training, you’ll also serve as our in-house Accountability Standards® expert, and will provide technical assistance and support to our nonprofit partners in meeting these Standards. You can learn more about our programs and capacity-building tools online at SmartGivers.org.
This is a great position for someone who has…
- 3–5 years of related experience in strategic communications, personalized customer service/technical assistance, and program or project management
- A strong interest in the nonprofit sector, philanthropy, and an interest in continuing to learn as the sector changes.
- A commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- An eye for detail, with experience reviewing documents for accuracy
- Strong time management skills, including the ability to meet deadlines, prioritize daily tasks, and take initiative
- Experience with phone, email, in-person facilitation, and video-conferencing communications
- Demonstrated experience in sales and customer service
- An interest in online tools and delivering strategic online programming to clients
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and a familiarity with Access and constituent-relations databases (preferably Salesforce)
- The ability to work independently and seek consultation when needed
- A strong desire to learn and contribute
Nonprofit Services Program Management (70%)
- Review and provide recommendations on nonprofit policies, practices, and procedures to ensure alignment with Charities Review Council’s 25 Accountability Standards®, which are co-created benchmarks showcasing nonprofit strength
- Provide quality technical assistance, timely customer service, and relevant communication to nonprofit partners as they complete the online Accountability Wizard® nonprofit review process and the DEI Toolkit, ensuring a smooth process from start to finish
- Regularly communicate with nonprofit partners (or potential nonprofit partners) via phone, website, messaging in the Accountability Wizard®, email, webinars, etc.
- Manage the pipeline for the Accountability Wizard® to ensure timely completion of nonprofit reviews, including partnering with staff, paid interns, and contract employees to manage to deadlines
- Provide training on the Accountability Wizard® nonprofit review process, Accountability Standards®, and DEI Toolkit both to internal audiences (i.e. Staff, interns, contractors) and external audiences (i.e. Workshop/Webinar participants, etc.)
- Establish, document, and maintain procedures for reviewing submitted materials and comparing against the Council’s Accountability Standards®
- Recommend and implement changes to the Accountability Wizard® review process and DEI Toolkit based on user feedback
- Ensure relevancy of resources and templates provided to nonprofit clients on the Council’s website, through the Accountability Wizard® software, and DEI Toolkit
- Track communication to nonprofits in the Accountability Wizard® communications log and Salesforce (our customer relationship management software)
- Manage the ongoing development and maintenance of the Accountability Wizard® software and the DEI Toolkit software with contracted software developers
- Ensure the nonprofit point of view is represented by participating in planning and assisting with implementation of donor/nonprofit events (e.g., FORUM) and communications (e.g., newsletter and website)
Engagement & Outreach (20%)
- Recommend and implement strategies for engaging new nonprofits in the Accountability Wizard® nonprofit review process and DEI Toolkit
- Evaluate and assess progress toward annual program goals; recommending revisions and enhancements when appropriate
- Present to nonprofit clients in person (when safe to do so) and online (i.e., webinars) on the Accountability Standards®, Accountability Wizard® nonprofit review process, DEI Toolkit, and related topics
Admin & Other (10%)
- Provide data reports and data analysis using Salesforce, MS Excel, and Access
- Respond to phone and email inquiries regarding smart giving
- Participate and actively engage in Council staff meetings and check-in meetings with supervisor
- Administrative duties as needed
Salary Range & Benefits
- $40,000 – $45,000, Depending on experience
- Benefits package includes:
- A stipend to purchase health insurance,
- A stipend for work-from-home expenses,
- A stipend for life insurance and short-term disability coverage through AFLAC,
- Generous PTO, 10 paid holidays, and
- Participation in our 403(b) plan with a 5% contribution and a 2% match from the Council.
- Flexible work environment at The Reserve, a professional co-working space.
- A note on COVID-19: Our staff is currently working from home, going into our private office at The Reserve only on an as-needed basis. This position would be required to be in the office 1-2 times per week for program-related activities.
Charities Review Council is an equal employment opportunity employer. Women, BIPOC, LGBTQ people, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Complete the brief application and submit your cover letter and resume online at http://bit.ly/ProgramManagerCRC by Monday, January 18th, 8:00 am.