Charities Review Council Tools & Resources
- The Accountability Standards®: Charities Review Council’s primary resource for strengthening nonprofits’ commitment to accountable practices, particularly in the areas of Public Disclosure, Governance, Financial Activity, and Fundraising.
- The Accountability Wizard®: An additional resource available to assist your nonprofit in strengthening its commitment to accountability and transparency. This educational self-assessment tool allows your nonprofit to apply the Standards to itself, giving you the opportunity to align your organization with sound practices and procedures, as well as demonstrate its accountability and transparency to its donors.
- The Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Toolkit: An affordable, organization-focused, self-administered assessment for organizations who wish to build a more effective and reflective organization from the inside out.
- The Document Checklist: This list includes a description of the documents we’ll be looking for during the Accountability Wizard® nonprofit review process, as well as sample policies and helpful resources.
- Glossary of nonprofit terms — BoardSource
- Stay Exempt: Tax Basics for Exempt Organizations — IRS
- Filing Tips for Form 990 — IRS
- Minnesota nonprofit allies — An active network of nonprofit support agencies in Minnesota