Preparing Your Nonprofit for Give to the Max Day 2023
Give to the Max Day, a celebrated tradition in Minnesota, is just around the corner on Thursday, November 16, 2023. Nonprofits and schools in the Land of 10,000 Lakes are gearing up for this exciting event.
Now in its 15th year, Give to the Max Day organized by GiveMN, has been a monumental success in the past. $34.0 million was raised for 6,439 organizations in 2022 alone. To ensure your nonprofit makes the most of this opportunity, it’s essential to have a well-thought-out plan in place.
Setting Goals for Give to the Max Day
As a nonprofit participating in Give to the Max Day, the first step is to define your goals. What do you aim to achieve on this day? Is it solely about fundraising, or are there broader objectives you’d like to fulfill? Consider the following aspects:
- Financial Goals: Determine the amount you intend to raise during the event. Be realistic, but also aim high. Use the success stories of past years as motivation.
- Donor Engagement: Besides collecting donations, focus on engaging with your supporters. Use this opportunity to strengthen your donor relationships and cultivate new ones.
- Visibility and Awareness: Leverage the platform to increase your organization’s visibility. Share your mission and the impact of your work to create awareness among potential donors.
- Program Outcomes: Evaluate if your programs are on track to meet your annual goals. Give to the Max Day can be a catalyst for generating funds needed to achieve your programmatic objectives.
Planning and Resources
GiveMN offers an array of resources and tools to help nonprofits prepare for Give to the Max Day.
- Registration: Ensure your organization is registered for the event. This step is crucial to make your nonprofit eligible for prizes and recognition.
- Graphics and Logos: Use GTMD 2023 graphics and logos to create visually appealing campaign materials that will catch the eye of potential donors.
- Be sure to add your Meets Standards® seal to your organization’s page on GiveMN and to your fundraising campaign materials. You can also link to your organization’s page on smartgivers.org for reviewed nonprofits.
- Templates and Worksheets: Take advantage of checklists, sample language, and other templates to streamline your fundraising campaign’s planning and execution.
- Webinar and Self-Guided Workbook: Whether you prefer live guidance or self-paced learning, GiveMN has you covered with webinars and workbooks to assist in building your campaign.
- Prize Grants: Don’t forget about the opportunity to be on the receiving end of the more than $100,000 in prize grants that GiveMN provides to participating organizations! These incentives can add urgency and excitement to your campaign.
>> View all the Give to the Max Day resources here.
Give to the Max Day is not just about fundraising; it’s an opportunity for nonprofits to showcase their missions, engage with supporters, and accelerate their impact. You can set yourself apart and demonstrate accountability to new potential donors on Give to the Max Day by displaying your Meets Standards® seal.