Fraser’s mission is to make a meaningful and lasting difference for individuals and families living with diverse intellectual, emotional, or physical needs, by providing a lifetime of quality healthcare, housing, education, employment, and support services.
Impact and Programs
In 2021, Fraser opened a new Autism Center of Excellence® satellite locations in Maple Grove, MN, to serve 24 children and their families. We also opened another satellite location in Brooklyn Center in December, providing care to 48 children.
With safety modifications, we hosted our annual events which provided a fun and much-needed respite from the isolation felt in 2020:
The Fraser Festival for Autism, presented by Central Roofing Company, took place in a parking lot across from Mall of America, with music, therapy animals, stilt walkers, bubbles, and a giant crane.
The Fraser Gala, presented by U.S. Bank, was a hybrid event, allowing people to attend in person at the Hilton or online. Ivan Neville and the Paul Peterson Orchestra took us on a musical journey, set on the streets of The French Quarter in New Orleans.
Fraser also joined the Minnesota State Fair last year, with the help of Central Roofing Company, a long-time supporter of Fraser. With their help, we were able to offer the Fraser Sensory Building at the Great Minnesota Get-Together. Families, children, and adults with diverse needs used the space as a respite from the noise and crowds of the fair.
Also in 2021, Fraser applied for the Certified Community Behavioral Health Clinic (CCBHC) grant and was accepted in September of 2022.
Here are some items from our top-level scorecard this year!
- Implement our Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging (DEIB) initiative and cultural competency plan, including incorporating a DEIB Advocate role
- Launch a new website for clients
- Open our 4th and 5th FACES sites for young children with intensive autism needs
- Prepare for future certification as a Certified Community Behavioral Health Center, including applying for federal planning grant and redesigning our access for new clients seeking our specialty healthcare services
- Enhance the nursing and health services for individuals living in our adult housing settings
- Solidify referral relationship with key community partners, such the Shakopee Mdewakanton Sioux - Community and Native American Community Clinic
- Start implementing a new electronic health record
- Manage ongoing COVID health, safety, and other impacts
Community or Constituency Served
Children, adults, and families with special needs, including autism, developmental disabilities, and mental health disorders.
Geographic Area Served
Fraser primarily serves clients in the Twin Cities Metro area, but with growing Telehealth capabilities, we are expanding our reach to clients beyond the metro. Currently, there are plans to open a new Fraser Autism Center of Excellence clinic location in Waite Park, MN sometime in late 2022.