Hello, Council friends, partners, and supporters-
On March 11th, the World Health Organization announced that COVID-19 is now a pandemic. As COVID-19 continues to spread, Charities Review Council’s Board of Directors and staff have made the decision to temporarily close the Charities Review Council office and have the team work remotely from March 12th – 27th.
NOTE: Our program services will not be affected. Nonprofit reviews will continue, donor calls will still be answered, and meetings will be held virtually.
The safety and well-being of our employees and our shared community are of utmost importance to all of us here at the Council. For that reason, we will be practicing social distancing to do our part in slowing the spread of COVID-19. We are incredibly fortunate that our work can, for the most part, be done virtually. Board Chair Megan Genest Tarnow supports this decision stating that “Social distancing is going to be extremely important for a while, to keep from overwhelming the medical systems.“
According to the Minnesota Department of Health, “When an outbreak of a disease reaches the point where it is actively spreading in a community, individual community members need to take actions too. By taking these actions, community members can help reduce the chances of getting sick and reduce demands on the health care sector so the most seriously ill people get the supportive care they need.”
As you consider whether social distancing is possible for you and your organization, we’ve compiled a list of resources to help. Below, you’ll find links for more information on COVID-19 and working remotely.
We’re committed to keeping our social media channels up-to-date on office closings, program services changes, and so on. Stay connected during this time. You can find us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn.
We will continue to monitor the spread of the virus in our community and will send another update before March 30th, the end of our current social distancing policy.
Megan & Kris
Board Chair & Executive Director
Charities Review Council
- Coronavirus: COVID-19 Is Now Officially A Pandemic, WHO Says – NPR
- The Vox Guide to COVID-19 Coronavirus – Vox
- Coronavirus is past containment, but America can limit epidemic: Q&A with former FDA chief – USA Today
- Prepare and Prevent: COVID-19 – Minnesota Department of Health
- What we know about COVID-19 in Minnesota so far – MinnPost
- #FlattenTheCurve – www.flattenthecurve.com
- Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) – Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- A Huge Mistake Nonprofits Make in Preparing for COVID-19 – NonprofitPRO
- A few things for nonprofits and foundations to consider in light of the Coronavirus – Nonprofit AF
- Cancel Everything – Social distancing is the only way to stop the coronavirus. We must start immediately. – The Atlantic