Impact and Programs
1) TOTAL SERVED: In 2015, over 1400 individuals accessed services through Vail Place - an 11% increase in the total number of individuals served by the organization. Across all programs, we served an average of 159 people per day through onsite and community-based services.
2) COMMUNITY SUPPORT: Over 800 individuals accessed Community Support services to connect with resources, reduce isolation and build their support network. Two-thirds of those individuals were active members, regularly engaging with their peers in the Clubhouse.
3) MEANINGFUL WORK: 81% of active Clubhouse members participated in the day-to-day operations of the program to build their confidence and learn new work skills. There was an 18% increase in the number of employed individuals, with 93% of people in Supported Employment keeping their jobs for 12 months or more.
4) HOUSING SUPPORT: There was a 13% increase in the number of people seeking housing support. 100% of the individuals who found new housing kept it for 6 months or more. 100% of the individuals seeking stabilization assistance retained their housing.
5) CASE MANAGEMENT: Number of individuals served increased by 30% in 2015. 94% of people served maintained stable living, and 86% avoided unnecessary hospitalizations.
6) PROGRAM GROWTH: Vail Place developed a partnership with a local hospital to provide rapid access case management, with the goal of connecting at-risk patients to community services prior to discharge. The program served 88 new people in 2015, typically contacting them within 24-48 hours of receiving the referral information.
2016 Program Goals, aligned with the agency's 2014-2016 Strategic Plan:
1) TOTAL SERVED: expand Vail Place's impact on the community by increasing total number of individuals served through added service lines and expanded program offerings.
2) COMMUNITY SUPPORT: ensure continuation of high-quality programming through successful program accreditation by Clubhouse International; expand wellness service offerings through collaboration with community health care partners.
3) MEANINGFUL WORK: provide new opportunities for individuals to engage in meaningful work by increasing the number of Transitional Employment jobs offered through the Clubhouses.
4) HOUSING SUPPORT: provide assistance to individuals seeking safe, stable, affordable housing; establish new service area through acquisition of Group Residential Housing program.
5) CASE MANAGEMENT: continue development of Rapid Access Case Management partnership; increase capacity to respond to community needs and provide intensive case management services by adding new staff positions.
6) PROGRAM GROWTH: continued growth through community partnerships, development of integrated care services, and exploration of opportunities to create a Clubhouse program in Ramsey County.
Community or Constituency Served
Adults with mental illness
Geographic Area Served
We serve the Twin Cities Metro area in Minnesota.