Impact and Programs
• 1,160 families served through homeownership exploration sessions
• 45 families completed sweat equity, classes and closed on their Habitat homes
• 120 homeowners partnered on paint and repair projects
MFPP Families Served
• 100 families served
• 28,000 volunteer days completed (home building, ABWK, office and Neighborhood Family Partners)
• $100M in state bond funds secured for affordable housing
• 4,000 advocacy actions completed
• Partnered with 8 organizations and interacted with more than 500 community members in Frogtown and Jordan neighborhoods
• 6 new Habitat homes and 13 ABWK projects completed in targeted neighborhoods
• Tithed $198,000 to Costa Rica, Ethiopia, Haiti and HFHI
• Organized and led two global village trips to Costa Rica
ReStore - Home improvement outlet
• Over $1M in revenue supporting construction of five Habitat homes
To work to fulfill our mission to: Eliminate poverty housing from the Twin Cities and to make decent, affordable shelter for all people a matter of conscience. In FY2016 Twin Cities Habitat for Humanity will focus on the following goals and objectives to work towards fulfilling the stated mission:
Partner with 64 families to purchase homes, Provide financial coaching to 225 families
, Partner with 50 homeowners on paint and repair projects, Provide mortgage foreclosure prevention counseling to 75 homeowners, Plan and implement Frogtown and Jordan neighborhood events, Engage volunteers to support 30,000 days of work, Support global mission with $200,000, Advocate on local, regional, state and federal level for affordable housing and related issues and enable Housing Heroes to complete 2,500 meaningful advocacy actions.
Community or Constituency Served
Low income families in the Twin Cities 7 county metro area that are in need of affordable housing.
Geographic Area Served
The Twin Cities (Minneapolis and St. Paul, MN) seven-county metropolitan area.