Impact and Programs
In 2016, our JobPrep program served 831 disadvantaged young people. Of those, 95% were low-income, 54% had a physical, emotional, or learning disability, 78% were basic-skills deficient, 64% were at risk to not finish high school and 11% were in unstable housing situations (includes runaway, homeless, foster care, and group homes).
Participants in the JobPrep Program:
* worked more than 54,000 hours and collectively earned more than $545,000
* earned 353 merit-based raises or bonuses and 109 other awards for attendance and excellence
* were issued a collective 287 high school credits
* earned 167 workplace credentials or certifications, including forklift operation/HERC-U-Lift training, CPR/First Aid, and Home Builders Institute pre-apprenticeship
* were employed at 184 employment partners including schools, nonprofit organizations, businesses, and government agencies
Our Community Forestry program planted or distributed 2,969 trees and shrubs to improve the Twin Cities canopy last year.
* 1,333 people were provided trees and shrubs for their personal property
* 3,007 students were engaged in the planting and care of trees on school grounds
* more than 650 volunteers engaged with greening our local community by planting, distributing, and caring for trees
GOAL 1: Through JobPrep programs, offer expanded employability pathways for individuals with barriers to education and employment.
GOAL 2: Expand Tree Trust’s impact as a community forestry organization and environmental landscape improvement provider.
GOAL 3: Gain greater financial stability through increasing contributions, expanding earned income sources, and practicing sound fiscal management.
GOAL 4: Create greater organizational presence through increased community engagement.
GOAL 5: Strengthen organizational excellence through continuous improvement, professional staff development and effective risk management.
Community or Constituency Served
Tree Trust serves disadvantaged young people ages 14-24 through our JobPrep programs. We also provide work experience opportunities for parents who receive support from the MN Family Investment Program.
Additionally, our Community Forestry program provided 1,333 households with trees for their personal property, and also engaged over 3,000 students in the planting and care of trees on school grounds.
More than 650 volunteers engaged with greening our local community by planting, distributing, and caring for trees.
Geographic Area Served
Tree Trust's JobPrep (employment programs) operate in the Twin Cities metro area, primarily in Hennepin County. Community Forestry programs operate in the Twin Cities metro and in select areas of greater Minnesota.