Impact and Programs
Government - Increased government funding through advocacy and cultivation
$500,000 2-year Live Well at Home for the HOME program through DHS – which is the max amount they give out
$68,000 additional Hennepin County funding for Senior Outreach & Caregiver Services 2016 contract
End of 2014 revenue was $1,623,777
Budgeted 2016 Revenue is just over $2 mil
After three years of due diligence in selecting a database, NetSuite is a solution for an agency-wide web-base information system/database – everything on one platform – from accounting, to donor tracking, to program operations. Moving forward with implementation in 2016. Better program inefficiencies and more effective use of time.
We acquired Neighborhood Involvement Program's and HandyWork's chore programs and merged them into our Household & Outside Maintenance for Elderly (HOME) program. We went from serving 1,070 HOME clients in 2014 to 1,429 HOME clients in 2015.
Spring 2015 issue of MNSights, the flagship publication for Minnesota Philanthropy Partners named Senior Community Services as one of 12 nonprofits statewide making a high impact on aging services. We came in at #8.
In addition, Senior Community Services received the 2015 John Yoakam Award for Service to LGBT Elders On May 7th from Training to Serve.
1. 90% of elders will continue to live independently with dignity and safety in the community and not become long-term nursing home residents. 2015 Results 96%
2. 90% of elders will report that they have the information and support to make decisions and obtain services that meet their individual needs. 2015 Results 93%
3. 85% of elders will experience reduced isolation and improved emotional status as a result of the services received. 2015 Results 85%
4. 85% of caregivers/families of older adults were able to apply knowledge learned about resources available for technical, emotional, and/or spiritual support. 2015 Results 99%
1. Advance Program/Service Innovation
2. Enhance Operational Efficiency & Effectiveness
3. Ensure the Strength and Sustainability of the Agency
4. Expand Brand Recognition
Community or Constituency Served
Frail elderly, seniors, baby boomers, caregivers
Geographic Area Served
Depending on the program.
Household & Outside Maintenance for Elderly (HOME) serves Hennepin County
Senior Outreach serves Suburban Hennepin County
Caregiver Services serves Hennepin, Carver and Scott Counties
Medicare & Health Insurance Counseling serves Hennepin & Wright Counties
Senior Centers serve Hennepin and Wright Counties
Senior Partners Care is statewide
CareNextion is Statewide