Impact and Programs
We were able to provide the following services to over 400 clients annually, with fees based on a sliding scale of ability to pay, with 1200 visits per month on average: physical therapy and rehabilitation, adaptive recreation, Pediatric therapy, therapeutic health fitness, health promotion, self care, senior wellness, and supporter workshops. Our client participation and supporting services and staff have maintained healthy growth, to the extent additional space is being acquired to serve prospective clients on waiting lists for our services.
1. We will establish a plan to eliminate all financial barriers 100% of the time with 90% of clients receiving 80% of services as recommended by their evidence based and person-centered EA health Action Plan” by October, 2021.
2. Improve efficiencies at all levels of administration down to clinical staff with leadership training opportunities in task assessment, goal design and awareness, and task knowledge and ongoing assessments.
3. We will establish a consistent process for assessing and communicating each clients personal health goals with a team-based and evidence-based plan of care for lifelong health with an “EA health action plan” that includes assessment of financial Barriers at the initiation of services with 90% of clients receiving a THS free assessment/screen within 1 week of starting services.
4. Improve the availability and accessibility of inclusive therapeutic health promotion programs, services, and facilities to improve the health of at least 20% of those people of all ages living with disability and chronic health conditions in Olmsted County, or 6,000 individual encounters per year, in a community collaborative oriented, state of the art, all-inclusive facility including an accessible gymnasium, rehabilitation aquatic center, and inclusive wellness center.
5. Foster public awareness and governmental education regarding the importance of ongoing access to physical rehabilitation and inclusive therapeutic health promotion approaches in improving the overall health of those living with disabilities and chronic health conditions to achieve therapeutic health promotion recognition at the Minnesota legislative level, gain a 25% increase in direct medical provider referrals, and achieve therapeutic health promotion reimbursement from up to 3 private medical insurers.
6. ExercisAbilities will provide the best community-based rehabilitation care in pediatric and adult populations for at least 10% of people of all ages living with disability and chronic health conditions in Olmsted County who require skilled rehabilitation care, or 3,000 unique encounters yearly.
Community or Constituency Served
We strive to serve everyone with chronic medical conditions and neurologic disability needing or desiring the following services: physical therapy and rehabilitation, adaptive recreation, healthy living, inclusive fitness, pediatric occupational therapy, adult occupational therapy, speech therapy, exercise specialists, nutritional therapy, and recreational therapy
Geographic Area Served
Rochester, Minnesota and surrounding communities in southeastern Minnesota