- Purchased and opened a fully accessible home with elevator
- 97% satisfaction rating with residential programs and staff assistance
- 27 residential vehicles provided rides to community activities and appointments
- Staff, self-advocates and family members attended advocacy events during the 2014 legislative session
- Ok for Work curriculum reached 900 people served each week
- 67% reduction in workman's comp claims
- 147 independent, community job placement
- 85% placement rate in our Walgreens REDI retail training program
- 445 people served working on Supported Employment Teams at 41 businesses
- Earned 3-year CARF re-accreditation in community employment, integration, and employment planning and skills training
Develop effective, sustainable relationships that support the mission
Develop a healthy organizational culture which supports quality improvement, and leadership development
Develop a robust evaluation program to document and communicate the impact of services
Continue to increase efficiency and profitability (capital plan for group homes, partner with housing developers, develop scalable supportive technology, add warehouse space, implement CareDirector, maximize efficiency of program structure, increase use of volunteers).
Community or Constituency Served
Since 1953, Opportunity Partners has advanced the quality of life for people with disabilities. In 1959, we became the first service provider in the Twin Cities to place people with developmental disabilities with employers in the community. Then, in the early 1970s, we began offering residential services, transitioning people with disabilities from large institutions into group homes or supported apartments. Today, Opportunity Partners serves 2,000 individuals annually at job sites and residences throughout the Twin Cities. Opportunity Partners serves people with many types of disabilities, including Autism Spectrum Disorder, Asperger syndrome, brain injury, Down syndrome, cerebral palsy, and Fetal Alcohol syndrome.
Geographic Area Served
Opportunity Partners serves 2,000 people with disabilities in the seven-county Twin Cities Metropolitan area: Anoka, Carver, Dakota, Hennepin, Ramsey, Scott, and, Sherburne.