Camp Odayin provides positive life changing experiences for young people with heart disease and their families. We served over 700 people in 2015 through our programs. Through our parent, camper and staff evaluations, we know that after coming to Camp Odayin, campers think more positively about their heart disease (85%), our participants say we fulfill our mission of providing fun, safe and supportive camp experiences in a medical supervised environment (100%) and 100% of our teenage campers feel accepted when they are at Camp Odayin.
• Maintain a $25 per person camp registration fee and fundraise for those parents that cannot afford to contribute additional funds to offset our costs
• Create new online staff training materials
• Increase visibility of Camp Odayin and the cardiac community within the Midwest, particularly by building relationships with cardiac specialty clinics and support organizations within Milwaukee, WI and Chicago, IL
• Lay groundwork for offering a summer camp program in the Milwaukee/Madison/Chicago area for summer of 2017
• Roll out transportation scholarship program to campers traveling to camp
Community or Constituency Served
Young people with heart disease and their families
Geographic Area Served
Mainly Midwest, but we had campers from 12 different states in 2015.