A Note from our Board Chair & Executive Director
We are pleased to share our 2017 Year in Review with all of you. 2017 was a momentum-building year…
Program Services & Accomplishments
In 2017, Charities Review Council (the Council) mobilized informed donors and accountable nonprofits for the greater good by creating the spaces, places, and tools for donor–nonprofit engagement.
Our programming cultivates strong and authentic donor-nonprofit relationships through hosted convenings, social media conversations, and innovative tools that foster meaningful collaboration. In 2017, we:
- Hosted FORUM 2017: Forging Trust, our biennial gathering for Minnesota’s most engaged and passionate nonprofit and philanthropic leaders. 252 donors, funders, and nonprofit leaders attended.
- Launched a brand-new website, which in 2018 won the Minnesota Council of Nonprofits’ Dot.Org Award for Website Redesign.
- Utilized social media as a place for donor-nonprofit connection and conversation, increasing our followership by 14% and our engagement on Twitter by 41%.
We help donors build confidence so they can partner with strong, trustworthy nonprofits in ways that advance the greater good. In 2017, we:
- Sent our Smart Giver Newsletter to more than 7,325 constituents.
- Responded to more than 1,200 donor support calls and emails, each call/email having the potential to translate into one (or more!) confident gifts to strong nonprofits.
- Received over 20,770 unique page views of our online resources for donors and nonprofits.
We help nonprofit leaders build and communicate their organization’s internal strength. In 2017, we:
- Launched our Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Toolkit, which includes a super-powered assessment tool and learning modules for organizations who wish to build a more effective and reflective organization from the inside-out. By the end of 2017, we had 20 nonprofit users taking the next step in their journey towards equity.
- Served more than 580 nonprofits via the Accountability Wizard® and the Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Toolkit. In 2017, 86% of nonprofits served indicated the Accountability Wizard® nonprofit review process helped them better/more effectively work toward their identified mission.
At Charities Review Council, we believe that public disclosure of financial information demonstrates a nonprofit’s commitment to transparency and accountability.