Impact and Programs
2016 Program Service Accomplishments (Grants & Disbursements) totaled $1,113,943.
1) $192,912 raised from previous capital campaign for long term care facility was transferred to Rice.
2) $569,887 raised through Rice Rehabilitation Center capital campaign was transferred to Rice.
3) Rice Hospice, an end of life care program serving west central Minnesota, received $196,778 in releases from designated funds.
4) Grants totaling $233,486 were made from unrestricted and designated endowments for programs, education, and equipment; the largest single grant for ceiling lifts at the long-term care facility was $96,000.
5) The balance consists of numerous releases from designated purpose funds and endowments to Hospital departments for programs, services, education and equipment purchases.
2016 Fund Raising Successes
1) $271,931 was raised to provide services to patients of Rice Regional Dental Clinic who have no access to dental care. The Holiday Festival special event raised $218,979 (net of expenses), $52,223 was raised through special appeals, and $20,532 was raised to establish an endowment to provide for the long term needs of the Dental Clinic.
2) The Rice Rehabilitation Center capital campaign exceeded the fundraising goal of $1.5M, raising $1.6M. The new Rice Rehabilitation Center opened its doors to patients in July 2016, bringing all programs and services under one roof.
3) The annual Employee Campaign raised $112,000 to support the Rice Rehabilitation Center campaign and seven other funds and endowments.
1) Secure grants to provide funding for the Rice Regional Dental Clinic operations through 2018.
2) Launch a $550,000 fundraising campaign for Emergency Services to improve patient, visitor and staff safety. The goal for the Annual Gala event is $270,000 for Emergency Services
3) Award $250,000 in grants from unrestricted and designated endowments to Rice Memorial Hospital for programs, education, and equipment.
4) Raise $116,975 from the Employee Campaign.
Community or Constituency Served
Rice Memorial Hospital is a regional referral center located in Willmar, Minnesota, providing inpatient, outpatient and outreach care to people from a 14 county area of west central Minnesota.
Geographic Area Served
Rice Memorial Hospital provides inpatient, outpatient and outreach care to people from a 14 county area of west central Minnesota.