PFP was able to enhance Minneapolis parks by funding the following projects:
* New Kiln for Logan Park
* First Universal Access Playground in the Minneapolis park system opened at Wabun Park (culmination of a 3 year fundraising project).
* New basketball hoops at Painter Park
* Funding for a mobile pollinator education station
* Matching grant for elevated walkways at Eloise Butler Wildflower garden
* Start up funds for tree watering/adoption website
* Several small micro grants for rec centers including Hip Hop dance class equipment and community engagement activities at Cleveland Park
Distribute $50-60,000 in larger grants.
Distribute $2-3000 in micro grants.
Identify worthy projects that enhance Mpls parks.
Education/outreach about MPRB's budget shortfall and support MPRB's call for a referendum to make up the shortfall.
Add two new board members.
Community or Constituency Served
City of Minneapolis park users.
Geographic Area Served
City of Minneapolis